"But if it is believed that these elementary schools will be better managed by...any other general authority of the government, than by the parents within each ward [district], it is a belief against all experience." --Thomas Jefferson


Monday, June 21, 2010

Daily Herald article doesn't accurately reflect my experience

The Daily Herald printed an article about the school board races. The statement from the article was: "Wendy Hart is both the founder of a charter school and a home-schooling mother..." (Read the story here.) While that is technically true, it leaves out the fact that since my oldest started Kindergarten, there has been only one year that we haven't had at least one child in our local district school. When people hear the term "home-schooling mother", it gives the impression that my children have never attended public school. In fact, my children have spent the vast majority of their educational experience from the age of 5 in our local district school.

In addition, I have been the Legislative VP for our local PTA, as well as volunteering in my kids' classrooms.

For more information, please go to my website: www.wendyhart2010.com.

I look forward to your vote, this Tuesday, June 22!

No comments:

Post a Comment